Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

The Journey was interesting!

We didn't choose to fly with Finn air for the best experience or anything, except that it was the best travel deal. Well, I guess you learn from your mistakes. To start with, the losers just gave us non-vegetarian food and didn't bother to even ask what our preference would be. So I speak to the steward and request him for a vegetarian meal. He tells me ' I know it sounds ridiculous, but we have run out of vegetarian meals' !!! So S and I went hungry with no food except for some dry bread and fruits on a 10 hour flight! He didn't even have the gall to apologise, just some dumb excuse and very nonchalant about it.

Anyway, I didn't want to dampen my holiday spirit and was generally enjoying myself listening to some music on my phone when the guy next to us is sobbing quietly. I ask S to ask him if somethings wrong? S in his usual caustic self asks me to mind my own business, and just ignores the guy. How can I feel happy about my holiday while someone is crying next to me? I wait for some time and hesitate, finally can't take it anymore and I ask him if something is wrong? He immediately says he's fine and smiles. :-) I know something is bothering him and wish I could help and yet can't. So, Stranger-on-the-flight-to-Helsinki-next-to-us, I hope you find peace with whatever that is bothering you. Maybe, he was missing someone or a loved one died, I will never know!

After the long and arduous journey, when we arrived in Rome, it was bloody cold...

0 comments: