Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Wrought Iron Accents!

I love anything in Wrought Iron...I feel it adds a unique charm to any space and has a nice contemporary feel to it too. Some time back, when I scoured through every home store in Paris for a dressing table for a "budget", I came back with this...though it was slightly expensive! :) I never disappoint the shop owner....:P

It gives a nice earthly feel to that corner of my home, and I think it can look nice, wherever we move too! :) I am sort of confined, in terms of space here in Paris as compared to our own spacious home, back "home"! Not that it stops me from working on improvisations!

I saw some lovely wall sculptures and wall hooks, and some amazing ideas - just need another room! :D To give you an example, I am loving this...very unique and "inspirational", yet modern!

(Picture courtesy: www.ironaccents.com)
If you live in the U.S, you should definitely look it up, I was browsing online and found them! They have an amazing collection of everything under the sun in iron! :)...no, I am not being paid to plug this in...I genuinely feel its a great site with some interesting products to offer...

P.S - The wall clock is a lovely gift for S from his team in India, when we came to Paris and the twin tower hanging is ....from Prague, duh! :) Our memorabilia from that lovely mystical place that did not disappoint one bit! We are very blessed to see so much beauty in our lives! Truly!

8 comments:

Li'l L said...

Love your home decor posts.Delurking for the first time :)

Pretty Woman said...

Little L,

Thank you for your kind words...and I think you should delurk often! :)

Srija Padmnanabhan (Chickoo) said...

Am drooling. I scroll down and go back up again to take another peek :)

Pretty Woman said...

Srija,

:-) Thanks babe!

Nalini said...

I liked the wrought iron accent you have a lot. I was looking for it in the link you have on the post and could not find it. Do you know where we can find it here in the U.S?

Pretty Woman said...

Nalini,

I live in Paris, not in the U.S...the website I found www.ironaccents.com had a wide variety of things...am sure you will find something you like...:)

kamala said...

Pretty woman,
The men climbing is a fantastic piece and the first thing that popped in my head was "Climb every mountain.." from Sound of Music! :)
Thought I will share it with you. :)

Pretty Woman said...

Kamala,

:-)