Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

I can live on music and love!....and very happily...



I have been watching lots of movies that influenced me gravely....in a positive sense! S and I are big movie buffs, all we do on weekends since we got married is to go shopping ( which is MY passion, not his, like most women) and watch movies. SInce we moved to Pune, we go to the theatres quite often as it is pretty nearby for us.

Last weekend, we could'nt get tickets....so I drove the car ( for once!) and we rented CDs and that's how we saw Hyderbad Blues 2 ( I loved the first one and was keen on watching its sequel!) and fell in love with this song. It is a song based on Raag Khamaaj. Thanks to satya's gift ( the walkman phone) I listen to this song everyday. It makes me all mushy and its a beautiful song ( if you are someone who appreciates Hindustani music, you will love it!).

Mora Saiyaan [ My lover] ( Soundtrack by the Band Fuzon in Hyderabad Blues 2)
You can also download to this song here: http://rapidshare.com/files/10796442/Mora_Saiyan.mp3

Saawan Beeto Jaye Pe Harwa, Mann Mera Ghabraye
Spring is getting over my love, My heart is getting scared

Aeso Gaye Pardes Piya Tum Cheyn Humein nahin Aye
You have gone abroad/away in such a way I am not at peace

Mora Saiyaan moh sey bolay Na Mein Laakh Jatan Kar HaariLaakh Jatan Kar Haar Rahi
My lover is not talking with me I have lost after pleading so much

Mora Saiyyan Moh Say Bolay Na....

Tu Jo Nahin to Aisay Piya hum Jaisay Soona Aanganaa
When u are not there I am like an empty garden

Nain Tehaari Rah Neeharey Nainnan Ko Tarsaona
Eyes are looking out for you; don't make my eyes to suffer

Mora Saiyaan moh Say bolay Na...

Pyar Tumhain Kitna Kartay Hain Tum Yeh Samajh Nahin Pao gay
You cannot understand how much I love you...

Jab Hum Na Hongay to Peharwa Bolo Kya Tab Aao gay
Tell me darling , will you come back when I wont be there anymore?

Mora Saiyaan moh Sey Bolay Na....

As I listen to this song and many other lovely songs....I think that I could just go on with music and love....Life is so beautiful....Music has this calming effect on you that you have an aura of positive energy. Trust me, it really works!!

Another movie that I really liked was 'Signs'. I could only catch it halfway through....it was on Zee cafe ( Manoj Night Shyamalan Festival)....a brilliant filmmaker who brings out the most beautiful emotions effortlessly in simple expressions from small kids.....I was sobbing as Mel Gibson talks to his wife and children. Though the movie deals with extra terrestrials, the underlying emotional bond between the children and their father is sooo amazing, it takes your breath away....There are lots of movies that make you feeling good at the end of it....as of now, these two are foremost in my mind. :) Watch it if you have'nt!

4 comments:

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Hmm never heard of that number, shall remedy that. And Hindustani huh? Wow.
I liked Signs too, although I find some of Manoj's movies very s-l-o-w

Pretty Woman said...

hey Poppins!
yup! you are right...it takes some time to sink in, just like A.R.Rahman's music....as you hear his music more and more...you start liking it. Also, I have a sofot corner for Manoj coz I think the guy is handsome! ;)

Preeti Shenoy said...

Havent seen the sequel but I did like hyderabad blues. Will surely chk out the sequel--thatnks for the info!
I too love watching movies.Recently I saw a 'a good year' starring russel crowe.I liked it.I also saw 'Life or something like it' starring angelina jolie & edward burns.I liked that too!

Pretty Woman said...

hey Ps!
:) you are welcome....and I shall watch the movies you mentioned too :) Have a lovely day!! :)