Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Textured Glass!

S was away on a training all of last week and suddenly when I got back home from work, I felt like I had loads of time. Rather, I felt kind of lost when I came back to an empty home and I revived my 'glass painting' hobby! I used to work on glass paintings back in Pune, frame it and even managed to gift a few, sell a few... Have a look here and here!

In Paris, I am not sure where to go looking for someone or shops that will readily give me a piece of glass like back home in India...so I started painting on used bottles like here, here and here! Some of my friends and S remember this and often, bring back empty interesting bottles for me! This time, I tried to give it a tie-and-dye texture to it!




















....I even strung some beads together to decorate the bottle...makes it look '"pretty"? ...The beads came from earrings out of which I lost one! So I used the beads in one earring to do this! Am I the recycling queen or what!!??!! :)


Edited to add: A closer look at the "necklace"


I also found a place and some use for it at home, pretty quickly! I have this quirk, I have to do everything complete this minute, if I don't, its always running in the background whatever I do...so I found these mini-flowers in the Sunday market and kind of got a "closure" for this!

My dad sent me a message ( he is not sure how to write a comment yet!)...
Hi,The blood red colour is enchanting,appealing and so beautiful.With the flowers inserted, the vase looks elegent,decent and adds charm,a beauty piece like the creator J . APPA

I am so thrilled and absolutely happy! :)

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow..that is such a fabulous texture....very colorful n pleasant to watch!!

Vibhuti said...

ooo yet another cool piece of artwork there Janaa..I mean this is BRILLIANT..Look at those vibrant colours and with that bunch of flowers it must make one stunning corner in a warm and cosy home..Double Thumbs Up again! :D

Keerti said...

absolutely lovely!

Pretty Woman said...

Vivek Nanda,

:) thank you..I am glad you liked it!

Pretty Woman said...

Vibhuti,

Coming from you, it think its a huge compliment! Thank you for the encouraging words...

Pretty Woman said...

lipstick,

thanks a ton! :)

Anu said...

Simply beautiful! U have really utilised your skills, time and recycle products! I'm sure that bottle must be feeling happy now, and would love to hug you to say a big thanks :)

Pretty Woman said...

Vaishu,

awww....what a sweet comment! I feel like you just gave me a warm hug!!! Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Wow...the bottle looks so pretty :) Nice job J! I love the flowers too!

Lakshmi said...

Wow! its so beautiful Jan :) what a lovely way to use all those old items!

Pretty Woman said...

Homecooked,

Thanks a ton! Now can I have one of the fritters? :D

Pretty Woman said...

Lakshmi,

I am really glad you liked it! :)

SV said...

maybe i should go away more often - my trips usually end up being really productive for you. driving by yourself, glass paintings, home decor...hmm...

Pretty Woman said...

SV,

It just means I must be in the "mood" for it! :)

kamala said...

Hey Jan,
The bottles look awesome!BTW FYI, you can get some glass bottles/jars in IKEA (Check them out if you have one in Paris). There is a store called Michael's in the US, its basically a go to place for all crafts store. They have a lot of glass holders for candles..so try them.

Pretty Woman said...

Kamala,

Thank you...I did notice when I went to IKEA! :) Only problem going to IKEA is a big project as they are mostly really far away from the city...