Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

I am amused!

...as I flick through the pages of a Fashion Magazine ( only English magazine I could find!), I see this!

Pic Courtesy: www.elle.com

...I have seen a few women sport these pants in Paris, and often wondered what the hell can it be? I was really amused to find out that they are called 'Dhoti Pants' and of course, they do look like Dhoti!

*For the uninitiated, Dhoti is a long unstitched cloth wound around the lower body, passed between the legs and tucked into the waist, especially in the rural parts of India.

You can rarely see anyone in Dhotis in urban India. Its so great that the Dhoti has travelled so far....from rural India to HI-FASHION!!!!

4 comments:

Raaga said...

These are available everywhere in Delhi etc... I see a LOT of girls wearing them :)

Pretty Woman said...

Well, to see Dhoti and Harem Pants in India...I wouldn't be surprised...here, I was surprised. I don't like it though

Anonymous said...

Wow...I remember long time back when I was in school the dhoti salwars were in fashion!

Pretty Woman said...

I liked the dhoti salwars though, they were pretty interesting...I was in awe of my elder cousin sisters...