Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

I am getting organized!

Being a cosmetic-jewellery-junkie(??!!)...I have loads of earrings, necklaces, bracelets and what not?...and for a long time, I have never found the one I want to wear....when I want to wear it!



So I finally put an end to it and have become organized! I bought this cute-girly cabinet with colorful cloth draws(?)...and all my treasure is in one place! Yayyyyy!!! Not only that, it even has space for my perfumes, brushes and all my paraphernelia!




I have this habit of naming all my stuff....and how could I leave this new addition alone?



Hence, presenting to you...our very own 'Gaudi' from our trip to Spain and specially flown in from Barcelona! I fell in love with his contemporary architecture everywhere and it was breathtakingly beautiful...hence the nickname to the cute lil' bull staring at me as I get ready!


6 comments:

Shruthi said...

escuse me but I feel like baby-talking at the bull... he'sh shhooooo ccuuuttteee!!!1 :-D

And I'm loving the dresser... I can so empathise with your collecting btw... I have an earring stand... I need to find a space for my chains...

my bangles - glass, wood, ceramic, etc - are in these nice boxes...

yes... I have no hope whatsoever in life! and you know what? my collection is only going to grow!

If only us Mals respected funky jewellery as opposed to this weird love for Gold... I'd be a connoiseur

Pretty Woman said...

Shruthi,

I know...Gaudi is indeed adorable! :)You have an earring stand? What is that?

LOL, But I find Mallu jewellery very beautiful NOT when its all stacked on the bride like SHE is a stand!

Shruthi said...

I'll put photo of my earring stand in my blog soon.
The stand looks like the ones in the shops. The revolving type. Very pretty if you have a nice dresser. Mine's square shaped. My aunt picked it up for me from Singapore.
I have nothing against gold jewellery as such, just the whole stacking thing. I remember for a wedding once I wore costume jewellery - a very pretty faux antique set fyi - and those people asked my mother why she was encouraging my teenage whims!

江婷 said...

希望能常常看到你的更新.................................................................                           

anubhavati said...

Hey Janani,

Stumbled on your blog from Preeti`s...nd lovin it,..you live in paris and you see the eiffel every day....lovin it more! Lovely home with loads of earth colours....and I love your Buddha...there is this particular thing about a Buddha statue...it simply magnifies its presence and throws out its calming charm no matter where....
Love "Gaudi" and I love organising too..In fact i am a freak! I am sure IKEA opened up a new store at some places in the US simply because of the finances from certain "regular" customers like me!!!

Shobha

Pretty Woman said...

anubhavati,

what a lovely moniker! Your enthusiasm is kind of infectious and reflects through your comment! :) Thank you for all the kind words and sharing my excitement! :D

I was nodding along vigourously as I read your comment, wholeheartedly agree! thanks for dropping by...