Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Its all in the mind...

Happiness is a state of mind. Really. Don't you think so? I think it is possible to be happy all the time. I can't believe it that I am saying this...coz i used to think its just that its the right thing to say...but I realize its true!

I am reading this book 'The Secret' as I have been recommended several times by different people and it says 'Our mind picks up frequencies and tunes into that thought, depending on the signal it gets'...and it makes sense too. Sometimes, my past haunts me and I am gripped by fear or uncertainity. It often happens that when you don't want to think about something, that is the first thought that comes up even while you are feeling happy about something. I strongly feel you must make a conscious effort to think positive and focus on the happy things in life, and certainly, you will attract the right things in your life.

For example, the move to Paris...I am definitely excited and happy about moving there, being exotic and romantic locale and all, but I was a lil upset about leaving my job AGAIN and to leave my friends AGAIN and of course, my folks, who I can't visit as often as I would want to...But Amma gave me a different perspective. Look at it this way, you are not tied down by the monotony of living in the same city for years...and you get to see new people, new places and new experiences...for a few years everytime! Who is so blessed like that? And on the flip side, I have made some amazing friends in every city or place I have lived in.

This year, with great difficulty, I must say, I have also detached myself from negative people in my life. I want to stay clear of such people, even at the risk of sounding rude or appearing arrogant. I am aware that optimism or focus on positivity does not happen overnight; but I have made a beginning...sometime back and I must say, it works wonders!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree on when you say Its all in mind however when you say Be optimistic and think positive, On my personal experience I would say Think Positive but be a realsitic....

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the typo that should have been *REALISTIC*

Pretty Woman said...

hey techpsyche,

:-) Being 'realistic' sometimes can be limiting...Dream for the stars...and you might reach...

Anonymous said...

Completely agree with your mom, I travel a lot and just now beginning to get a hold of it...I used to CRY everytime I left a hotel, but very fine at it now.

Anonymous said...

Completely agree with your mom, I travel a lot and just now beginning to get a hold of it...I used to CRY everytime I left a hotel, but very fine at it now.

Pretty Woman said...

hey revathi,

I am sorry I seem to have missed your comment! But why would you cry when you leave a Hotel?