Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2007

I am touched!

(Click on the picture for a larger view and to figure out who S is!! :D)
When you are in the middle of some mundane things, thoughtful surprises bring such a joy into your life.Today was such a day and I MUST write this down to remind myself of how much love and blessings I receive.

S has always been very angry with me for not changing my mobile which is a pretty basic one. I prefer it that way, it is just something that I use to make calls and receive calls. I don't like to spend too much money on a fancy expensive one, simply coz its not among my priorities. I admit that I do like certain ringtones and some cute stuff you can have if you have a good handset, but I can do without it. I am not a gadget freak or anything. PERIOD. Recently, my existing basic phone had some display problems and I have been using it with a big blob on the screen as if a kid scratched it with a big crayon.

Today I had some work to do and had gone out with my friend. S dropped me half way and we discussed that he would buy Ganesha and some pooja stuff as its Ganesh Chathurthi. He also said that he would check on my phone about the display problem as it is still under warranty. ( by the way, I didnt expect half these things to be done....)

I finished my work and come home to see that our friendly God adorns our pooja with some modaks and S looks like the cat who got the cream. He gives me a W300i phone,its a walkman phone with a camera and all that jazz. More than the fancy phone, what was most thoughtful was that by the time I got back, he had copied some music that I love from a CD that is scratched and does not play properly, patiently loaded it on to the laptop at home, and selected the ones I love and had loaded it on to the brand new phone and gave it to me. There is this violin music that plays on his phone but would not play on my erstwhile phone as it does not have capabilities. Even that ringtone is now mine and he is more excited about my new phone than I am!!! :)

Also, I love this song called "Soni de nakh de...from Partner" and go crazy when the song comes on T.V or when its played in the car. He had loaded that song for me first! Now, I can even listen to music on my phone and it is a fancy flip phone.

I am amazed at how he notices these little details and takes my breath away with such cute gestures. I was overwhelmed and I felt so good for all the trouble he went to, for me. He could have simply lazed around, watched T.V. or done anything he wanted to, at home as its a holiday.

My darling S, what would I do without you??


7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

aaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

and your S here has a valid point... aint no thing as all for love... it comes with a phone model number too!!!

cheers and happy Ganesh Chaturthi, I am waiting for mum to make the food... we just got back from Kerala this morning so the pooja and other stuff is a bit delayed...

SV said...

chill, babe! all for love as they say. just remember, when you want to repay the gesture...the one that i want is the Sony Ericsson P3i...

Revathi said...

NEAT. I did post a blog. But check the one below:


http://grevathi.blogsome.com/2006/12/22/compact-sleek/

Pretty Woman said...

hey revathi!

your post rings on the same note as mine...except that it didnt take me too long to like the new mobile! I am unable to comment on ur blog,hence the comment here!! :D

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhh.... Such a sweeeeeeeeeeeeet gesture.... Love make the world go round....doesn't it?

Pretty Woman said...

hey ritu!

yup! round and round and round...that you feel dizzy!!

a sappy wife aka pretty woman!