Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Life is extremely unpredictable....

My mom called me today to inform me that Hari passed away....I was shell shocked...he is a 23 yr old boy!! He was studying in London, and noone knew about his whereabouts...he had been dead in his room for 2 days!!! I still can't get over it.... his parents are close family friends and a close friend of my dad...and I remember going to their house as a kid....and Hari was this intellectual book-worm who would quietly read loads of books most of the times! I used to go for long walks with aunty, his mom!!! I can't imagine I am referring to him in the past!!

My heart goes out to him and aunty....what about his dreams? what was going through his mind at that point? Life is so unpredictable and so unfair....how will aunty cope with this?? ya ya...time is a good healer and stuff....well, I cant' express my feelings right now...I pray to God that he gives them the strength to bear this loss..and Hari, may your soul rest in peace...take care!

5 comments:

Raaga said...

I feel bad for this person and his family. But I don't understand why your feelings are mixed.

Pretty Woman said...

raaga:
i wanted to write something else...but could'nt..

Revathi said...

In moments like this, I just let myself absorb all emotions and get flooded. Kind of like a meditation on the event. And trying to find a closure. Hope it helps.

Anonymous said...

Losing a loved one is a terrible tragedy by all counts... Losing a child is perhaps....like dying... I lost a friend when he was just 24, and for the next few years watched his parents wither away... they lost their will to live and one after another, chose to follow their son...

I do pray that Hari's parents are helped by their near and dear ones in this time of grief....

Preeti Shenoy said...

oh yes--life is so totally unpredictable.I dont know if you read that post on my blog abt my dad.
It is when we wake up to our owm mortality that we learn to truly enjoy each moment as a precious gift.