Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

Recycling the Crib!

Anything and everything that concerns the Baby Girl or is remotely related to her - we are extremely attached to it or has high sentimental value. I find it really difficult to part with her things - be it clothes, shoes, accessories, high chair, car seat, pram...or furniture! I wish we had a separate room just to store her stuff...except we don't! I digress...

Anyway, so Baby Girl is 3.5 years old now and we gave up on her sleeping in her crib a long time ago! I even modified the crib and attached it to our bed so we could slowly move her there once she is asleep! ...it didn't work! She needs to feel my breath on her as she sleeps....so the crib just lies there in our bedroom with absolutely no use yet taking up a lot of space! 

S and I, had a "eureka" moment and we hired a local carpenter and converted it into a bunk bed of sorts. S had this brilliant idea of using the railing on the crib as a ladder and with some added ply or wood - we came up with this! 



How cool is this, eh? The carpenter did a great job. Baby Girl is so excited about her bed though she doesn't really sleep in it yet. She is always up to some mischief on top. Her baby and different million things go up and are safely tucked away in a blanket.

I am so glad we can keep her crib as a permanent fixture in our home! Love it. 

0 comments: