Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"A man's home is his wife's castle!"

...and nothing can be further from the truth as far as our home is concerned! I strongly believe that a comfortable and beautiful home is a great source of happiness and contentment.

While its impossible, rather impractical to change homes every once in a while...its highly practical to change little things around your home...that gives you 'renewed energy' when you enter your haven...I always change the curtains or cushion covers when I feel like making a change at home and it works! The splash of colour and the soft cushions are comfortable, pleasing and inexpensive!

New cushion covers (Big) - IKEA! I am in heaven the minute I spot one! The smaller silk cushion covers are a super bargain - I got two covers for 1 euro in a Market in Spain! My heart skipped a beat and I pinched myself to check if I was hearing it right... :P










I got these long reed-like things last time from IKEA and over time, I have been slowly adding little flowers, collected pebbles and stones and slowly developed this corner in our home!













I have always wanted to grow plants indoors....but its really difficult when your home is carpeted and I have enough housework, so why add plants to it? I did'nt give up, this time I picked up this artificial fern from IKEA and Voila! my own tropical zone in our "castle"!

When Amma and Anna visited, we planned a day trip to Disneyland in Paris. It was our first visit too and I bought this cute cushion. I think it's a symbolic representation of S and I! Sappy, you say? Did'nt you know that already? It brings a huge smile on my face every time I see it and of course, this!

11 comments:

Keerti said...

2 covers for 1 euro! wow!
You have lovely home:)

Anu said...

That's a lovely couch! 2 cushions for 1 Euro is making me awe-struck! Totally impressive !!

Vibhuti Bhandarkar said...

Aaah your home is as beautiful as you are Janz...
And dont you dare call it sappy..Its sooo cute!
You are such a wonderful homemaker. hOw I wish I had soo many good qualities like that!!!

Pretty Woman said...

@ lipstick, :) I know, super deal??!! Thank you for your kind words...

@ Vaish, Thanks a ton...I think you are a new reader :)

@Vibhuti, You flatterer!! You are too kind with your compliments.. :)

@Shruthi, thank you...yes, we do have abundant light here....as we have huge French doors everywhere! :)

Anu said...

Not very new Pretty Women :)
Have left in some comments in your previous posts too!

SR said...

Wow.. your home is beautiful.. Love all your decoratives all around..

Pretty Woman said...

Vaish, I am sorry I did'nt realize..

SR, :) Thank you, the reed diffuser you gave me is still going strong! :)

SR said...

hmm.. thats interesting.. thats a really long time now...
I have to come and see you PW.. one weekend or something..

Pretty Woman said...

SR, you should definitely come sometime! :) Most welcome...

Lakshmi said...

Beautiful home Jan and lovely cushions too :)

Pretty Woman said...

Lakshmi,

:) Thank you...I am mad about cushions!