Pages

Friday, June 6, 2008

The Monsoons and a challenge!

The monsoons are here and I love the rains! Of course, I would be in bliss if i could sit at home, reading a nice book while sipping tea or watching a movie cuddling with S! However, there is something called work to be done in an office and I have decided to sacrifice that during the week...but weekends will be a different story!! :-)
...While I am very happy about the rains and the monsoons and the weather ensures that I get up with a smile on my face, it poses other practical problems like commuting to work on my bike can be very problematic and a drenched me! For some time, S has been grumbling, complaining, begging, threatening and every thing possible under the sun to make me drive! I can drive confidently if he is sitting along with me. But I am shit scared to take the car all by myself coz firstly, its a big car and secondly, i dont want to cause any damages to the car or anyone else on the road. But I cant afford to remain scared forever and refuse to drive the car. I know that! If I can ride a bike like a pro, the car will be easy too, with practice!

S is travelling to UK for 2-3 weeks and the car is at my disposal. So we have a deal, if I drive to work in the car in this period all by myself ( I dont have a choice!), I get diamonds. The materialistic side of me is overpowering and the lure of the diamonds are strong! I have accepted the challenge....I have a lot to gain, diamonds and I will dispel the fear in me....If i lose, big deal...HIS car is damaged... ;-) (just kidding!!)...I know i WILL do it...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget driving, I am afraid of riding in an auto in Chennai. I told my mom I want to go only by bus for my daughter's safety. All my cousins were hapy with my simplicity(?)

Pretty Woman said...

ha ha ha...I know!! I am not scared of the traffic, rather not too confident about my driving skills!!

Balu said...

May you win lotsa diamonds!

I can't drive a car for all the money in the world, and am neither a pro biker :(
Even last week I met with an accident. My bike hit a cow and seeing me tumble over the ground, the cow said wow! Luckily the cow is safe, so am I. And I just hope I could atleast be a pro biker some day, let alone driving a car:(

Unknown said...

Ha ha... Now why didnt I make such a deal when I taught Harish to drive?????

Nyways...as they've said...may u win all the diamonds in the world... :-D

Pretty Woman said...

hey balu, ritu!

thank you :-) will let you know what happens!!:D