1. The most important update is that I have recently taken up a job and its a really interesting one at that. I have a strong feeling that I am going to get a lot of exposure as well as learn a lot! Of course, I am also very glad that its part-time coz I can continue to do the things I like to do and travel too!
2. I have begun to actually like my exercising routine. I try to make it interesting coz I alternate between yoga, body specifics, Jane Fonda's aerobics, Pilates and Bollywood fitness dancing ( yes, you read it right!)...I like the fact that I can just jump around without feeling conscious at home, with abandon! Its liberating! :-) I have different DVDs of all these and I work out at home everyday except weekends. Of course, the biggest motivation are the results - I can fit into clothes I hoped I could fit into someday!
3. I was watching Rajiv Gandhi's interview with Simi Garewal on Youtube and it made me really sad. Tears sprung in my eyes. I deeply and fervently wish he was alive and more than anything else, his family had got the opportunity to spend more time with him. What a charismatic, handsome and strong personality! He is THE man for me, who was a proud Indian!
4. I have begun to maintain a calender and schedule like my English friends here and I have to admit, if not for anything else, it makes me feel really important and it also made me realize that we have slowly begun to have a social life outside of just 'us'. :-)
5. I am loving the 'calm' within me and the happy thoughts I have! I am proud of myself coz I don't brood about the past anymore or think of anything that makes me feel low. Little things remind me that there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel; like the plants I had given up on have suddenly started sprouting up now or even the 'daily horoscope' seem to match with the current updates in life. It may be a co-incidence too; but I take it as a sign!
6. I have started to learn to knit and its really exciting to create something all by yourself!
7. I am also learning Photoshop on the web and am contemplating starting a photo-blog ( what do you think?). I love photography and am a self-proclaimed photo-maniac. I love looking at photos; even of people I don't even know - they are such a great way to remember good times, smiles, friends, travels, happiness, beauty, nostalgia,memories.....enough said!
Its your birthday and I am very very excited about it. I can't wait to see your kutty paiyan ( lil boy) excitement when I give you the gift - the well-deserved gift! Of course, its like digging my own grave; but its totally worth it. I can't wait to see the surprise and glee on your face!
In fact, I have lil surprises lined for you...and I have been preparing for it all day....so I can't wait for your birthday to begin ( his birthday is tomorrow)!
You are my rock; my pillar of strength. I am sooo proud of you in every sense; be it your career accomplishments or when Amma (Mom) can't stop telling me how wonderful and loving you are to me or when someone compliments us on what a wonderful couple we make! (touchwood!). You mean the world to me and I guess the whole world knows that by now!
There are so many things I could say right here that evidently show what a wonderful man I am married to? But, I would like some things to remain just that - Personal! :) But you know how I feel, right? Right.
I wholeheartedly pray and hope God blesses you with everything you want, give you only happiness and love in your entire life, excellent health, success in anything and everything you do! May all your dreams come true :) I hope you live your life the way you want, happily....live life KING SIZE! I hope the kutty paiyan in you always remains that way - confident, excited and happy! :-)
'Grow old with me. The best is yet to be...'
P.S - Please say a silent prayer for my S....and bless him? Pretty Please? He needs all your good wishes.
P.P.S - I got him a Sony Playstation; I know I am a really brave woman! Things I do for love...
I suddenly realized that I am pretty hard on myself. Be it health, home, love,friends or a career, I want it all to happen all at once! Of course, like everyone else, I want to excel in everything....but I guess I also need to understand that everything takes time. Yes, it needs concentrated efforts but it takes time.
So I am just taking a deep breath, long deep breaths slowly and it dawns on me that all that I desired is slowly happening. I have been so busy concentrating on the things I want that I did not notice that it did happen!In fact, I also realized that I am always doing something for people to approve or validate all the time, that I don't enjoy the experience myself. I just move on from one thing to another without living it. I recently read somewhere that
"A purpose is having a clear sense of what God has called you to be..Your purpose is not defined by what others think about you."
Most importantly, empower yourself by having good friends who encourage you, cheer you on and with whom a phone conversation can be an instant 'pick me up'! Of course, its very important that you are that good friend too! It has made a huge difference to my personality, having good friends, I mean. I (hope) I have learnt to select my friends carefully and in a lot of ways, I feel I am developing some good qualities from them; they help me become a better person. I am thankful to God for all the wonderful people he brings into my life. I strongly believe that every person you meet in life, comes into your life for a reason - to teach you lessons, to love, to inspire, to share, even to teach you 'how-not-to-be'! Savour these experiences, they go deeper than you think...learn to be a better and confident person! :-) That's what I am doing...
As always, the first thing when it comes to change....is the curtains!!! :)
I love sheer curtains ( if you look closely, you can see the Eiffel Tower through the curtain too!)....I love the way it brings light into the house....subtly!
I flicked this ornate holder from my MIL, its really useful and pretty when guests visit...and they can hang their winter coats...
Finally, I convinced S to nail this bell for me....the picture does not do justice to how 'cute' it is....we bought this in Greece! In fact, we rushed to the shop before our flight and grabbed this!
We bought this painting of the Palatino Hills with a view of the Colosseum too, in Italy. We managed to finally frame it in Pune and brought it along to Paris....and it holds a prime spot above our dining table ( which we hardly use, unless we have guests!)
When I hear this often on T.V or in books or from someone, I always feel that they sort of bully you into doing something you are scared of. But if you are afraid of something and avoid it, unfortunately it does not go away, you know? So what do you do? FACE IT! I know its easier said than done. But if you think about it, its all in the mind like many other things in life. I realize you just need to deal with it. For all you know, it may not be so bad and you could be worrying about it unnecessarily. Its common sense, isn't it?
Where is all this enlightenment coming from? As part of a training program at work, I participated in a 'Personality Development' workshop and the gentleman who trained us mentioned that the first step towards doing anything is to write it down. So this is my first step towards facing my fear! Voila! :-).
I worry incessantly and I hate that about me. I was not always like this, but recently I worry too much and fear unnecessarily. I want to let go of fear. I will let go fear! I can let go fear! I am going to keep telling myself that and one day....whoooshh...its gone!